Welcome to my blog

I have loved painting and art from a very early age , but only taken my art seriously in the last two and half years. I paint in oils and my passion is Australian birds, I spend a lot of time watching birds and their antics and try to put it on canvas. I also paint portraits , and the odd landscape. I studied art for a time in Tony Moffits online art school and improved tremendously as a artist. I paint every day , and try to improve with every painting I do. I only use good quality canvas and oil paints. All paintings on this site are for sale, please feel free to contact me on southern_skies@hotmail.com
Thank you so much for dropping by.

Friday, July 15, 2011

" He's watching us "

Oil painting of local signpost with kookaburra and blue wrens  24"by 20"  SOLD

4 comments:

  1. Your reference to "kookaburra" reminds me of a song we used to sing as kids. I had no idea it was an Australian bird until I was grown. The song goes: "Kookaburra sits on the old gum tree, merry, merry king of __________ is he, laugh kookaburra laugh, kookaburra gay your life must be." Do you know this song? That aside...love your painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, forgot to say not only is this a great painting, the rest of them are too. Bravo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lokelani,
    Thank you so much for your comments, I havent been in here for such a long time , thought I would get back into it, so forgive me if it is not up to scratch yet. Yes I know the song,learnt that at school many years ago. I can't keep up with these sign post paintings, they sell like hot cakes, the printing on the sign posts is so hard to get right,takes me hours. Good to hear from you and thank you for those comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. long time since I had a look excellent as per usual Rod

    ReplyDelete